Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Milena Canonero for Marie Antoinette



I love costuming. I love period pieces. My fav is 18th century. So the luscious "Marie Antoinette" is all me.

I love the approach costumer Milena Canonero took for this film. Every scene is saturated with something beautiful. This is also without question thanks to impeccable production and set design by K.K. Barrett and Véronique Melery.









I have that Vogue featuring the Pink Dress on the cover, and I think those scenes were ultimately cut from the movie. But it's hard to notice because there are SO MANY DRESSES. And I don't mean for the whole cast, I mean for Kirsten alone! Don't believe it??? Please visit the Costumer's Guide for a full list with pics!! http://www.costumersguide.com/cr_ma.shtml





I have about seven fav Marie dresses from the movie, this is one of them.























Another fav look







...and another fav!

If you're a fan of design, I highly recommend Marie Antoinette. It definitely gave me my Rococo Fix!!

More info on costumer Milena Canonero

Also:
K.K. Barrett- Production Designer Véronique Melery, set decorator



No comments:

Post a Comment